Janice Bisgaard, City of Santa Cruz Community Relations Specialist, (831) 226-4076
Lauren Parrino, Save The Waves Coalition Communications Manager, (805) 850-9508
Cowell Beach Drops Off Beach Bummer List
A 10-Year Breakthrough with Improved Water Quality
What: Santa Cruz Mayor Justin Cummings, Vice Mayor Donna Meyers, City of Santa Cruz staff and Cowell’s Working Group members answer questions regarding the work that has led Cowell Beach to drop off of Heal the Bay’s “Beach Bummer” list for the first time in 10 years. The environmental nonprofit’s annual Beach Report Card, released today, details improvement for the iconic City of Santa Cruz beach located west of the Municipal Wharf in weekly levels of ocean bacterial pollution.
- Save The Waves Executive Director and Cowell’s Working Group Facilitator Nik Strong-Cvetich
- City of Santa Cruz Mayor Justin Cummings
- City of Santa Cruz Vice Mayor Donna Meyers
- City of Santa Cruz Laboratory and Environmental Compliance Manager Dr. Akin Babatola
- City of Santa Cruz Wharf Supervisor Jon Bombaci
- Former City of Santa Cruz Mayor David Terrazas
- Santa Cruz County Water Quality Program Manager Dr. Audrey Levine
When: Tuesday, June 30, 1-1:30 p.m.